The interesting facts
1. No two people have the same set of teeth—your teeth are as unique as your fingerprint, so be proud of your unique set of teeth.
2. Your mouth produces over 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime—that’s enough to fill two swimming pools. Saliva has many uses, including assisting you with your digestion and protects your teeth from bacteria in your mouth.
3. An average person spends 38.5 days brushing their teeth over their lifetime.
4. Many diseases are linked to your oral health, including heart disease, osteoporosis, and diabetes.
5. Today, around forty percent of people over 65 years do not have a complete set of teeth.
Facts about teeth and younger people: Even younger people than 65 years can have missing teeth. This can happen for various reasons, such as poor oral hygiene or gum diseases. Anyway, teeth can be replaced with dental implants. Oral hygiene has to be teached at a very young age.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants basically replace the roots of teeth. They are placed in the jaw bone with a minor surgery. They connect with the surrounding jaw bones within 3-6 months to a solid, load-bearing support unit for the dental crowns or dental bridges.
You can’t either see or feel the dental implants. What they only do is help. We are all for dental implants, only of course, if you need them, healthy teeth should never be pulled out. We hope, these facts about teeth brightened your day in some way.
We hope you found the teeth facts fun and interesting, check out our other articles or get a quote by clicking the button down below.
Our articles with regard to facts about teeth:
- Your dentist abroad
- SAFETY of your dental work abroad
- Our patients and their cheap dental work
- Facts and myths about teeth and proper dental
- Our fairly new and best dental abroad
- Gentle dental care: Not every toothpaste is good toothpaste
- Teeth Check Trip for 59€ instead of 99€